All about Derry Preschool Summer Camps:
DP offers a four-day-a-week camp from 9am - Noon each day at a cost of $88/child per week. Camps are held at Derry Preschool and are taught by DP's qualified staff. **An option for those who are not quite ready for a full week, you can choose to attend days per request to Mallory McDermott (via Derry Preschool email) at a cost of $44/half week.
Pre-registration is requested along with payment. Payment is non-refundable and make-up dates will not be accommodated. All registration forms along with payment must be submitted by the Wednesday prior to the camp you wish to attend. This allows for us to confirm all campers and needed staff members. These policies help to ensure the safety of each child while at summer camp.
Derry Preschool will do their very best to accommodate the needs of children with special needs in compliance with the ADA. Any child who has an IEP should contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registering for summer camp. This will allow us to discuss the child’s needs on an individual basis.
To attend DP Summer Camp, children must be preschoolers between the ages of 3 and 5 and/or entering kindergarten and toilet-trained. We look forward to seeing you all next summer.
The Derry Preschool Summer Camp brochure and registration form will be posted in Spring 2019!
A Day at Derry Preschool Summer Camp!
- Every day at camp we begin with center time... this is where we use our themes to provide lots of different activities including: art, tactile activities, cooking fun, games and of course imaginative play.
- We have clean up time and then every child participates in a "Music and Movement" time where we learn new songs, dances and we participate in large group games.
- Next, we relax in our "Theater Room" where we watch a short thematic story on the learning screen.
- We then offer a bathroom/wash hands break time while we get ready to enjoy our snack.
- After snack, we have story time.
- We like to end on our playground where everyone gets a chance to enjoy the outdoors.
- We also dismiss from our playground ensuring each child is safely excused from camp.
- *Wednesdays are SPLASH DAYS (weather permitting) - directions will be sent out via email.
- Our themes guide our activities and as you can see, we stay busy! This multi-age summer camp is designed for children to socialize, learn through play and have fun, all at their own pace. It is a great way to keep your child active through the summer months!